Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Swedish Hospital Cherry Hill Food

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 9/7/2011 2:39 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> I couldn't agree more, and what they simply MUST understand, is that
>>> once
>>> socail services gets into it, finding him not clean/fed or whatever its
>>> really downhill fom there, even if the day they find it is the first day
>>> your mom just needed an extra hour of sleep and hadn't gotten him
>>> cleaned
>>> up yet, Lee

>> He is perfectly capable of washing, dressing and even fixing his own
>> food.
>> It's getting the food into the house that's going to be the problem.
>> They
>> don't like to keep much food in the house. I've had trouble with them in
>> the winter. Can't get them to see that they really must have food in the
>> house in case they get snowed in. They have gotten snowed in and had to
>> eat
>> oatmeal day after day because they had nothing else.
>>
>> They are both very stubborn though. And had I brought them a few bags of
>> food they would have just given it away. And no doubt it would have been
>> the wrong food for them. I had offered them the coupon I had for free
>> eggs
>> and was told they would only eat one kind of eggs. And they are very
>> brand
>> loyal. They don't necessarily eat organic food but they will not eat
>> anything they deem to be of low quality. Frankly some of what they do it
>> is
>> IMO not high quality or healthy food. I just know I would not win if I
>> tried to bring them food.

> Have you thought of asking then what brands, and what varieties of
> those brands, they want, so that you can make sure you only bring
> them what they'll eat?

That's what I did. But the problem is that my mom doesn't want to keep any
extra food in the house. I find it is far too expensive to shop the way she
wants me to. There is no way I could do that for myself. For instance,
they had a sale where if you bought any 3 Jell-O products you would get a
Catalina coupon for $2.00 of your next order. She only wanted 2 items. I
convinced her it would be better to get 3. The clerk allowed me to use the
coupon for my order. I then just had her pay me $2 less.

Today at Costco, Angela found that the Kirkland brand flushable wipes got
you almost twice as many wipes as the Cottonelle kind. We personally have
no issues with Kirkland brand and would have bought them. But when I called
my mom she sounded fearful of them and told me to buy the other brand.

I also found coupons in today's paper for some things that we bought
yesterday for her. I try to buy things that are on sale and if possible to
also use a coupon for them. I also stock up on things like pasta, cereal
and canned goods so that I am not constantly having to go to the store for
them. But I can't convince her to do this.

I did buy her the big box of sugar free Fudgesicles because they were on
sale and the small box was not.

I do understand part of why she is doing what she is doing. She wants to
have a limited amount of food in the house so they won't be tempted to
overeat. But... That just isn't feasible right now. I think they need to
stock up on staples.