Brian Lundeen

Default Viognier Kit Opinions

"Ed Marks" > wrote in message
> Brian - If you find that the Viognier comes around please let me know - in
> the meantime, enjoy the beers!

Actually, I was wrong, the new one is just coming up on a year old, and the
older one is about a year and a half old. Not that it matters anymore, the
two got blended so I suppose it is no longer a "vintage wine". ;-)

In any case, I opened a bottle the other night to see how it is developing.
It seems to be pleasant enough, there were some honey and citrus aromatics,
no apricot. The cloying character seems to be dissipating, so maybe there is
hope.

I'm actually thinking of tossing the unbottled carboy into barrel to see
what a hit of oak does to it. Maybe blend it with some Chard.

Brian