Leslie Gadallah

Default Viognier Kit Opinions

Ed Marks wrote:
> I'd like to start a viognier to have for next summer, and would like to know
> if anyone has experience with any kits that are available. The two I've
> identified are Spagnols Cru Select Platinum Viogner and BrewKing Selection
> Viognier. Has anyone tried these and have any opinions about the quality of
> the finished wine, or are there other juice sources you'd suggest?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Ed

Had the opportunity to taste the Kendall Ridge Showcase version done
exactly according to specs by the manufacturer. It's a good solid
white with decent body and a bit of depth. I would finish it drier
for myself, and could see it as an alternative to chardonnay, with
less acid and more fruit and none of that dairy-products aftertaste
(I'm not a chardonnay fan )

Les