Ribitt

Default Metallic Bowls

"Russ" > wrote in message
> I found a recipe today for venison jerky and it has you mix the ground
> venison in a "NON Metallic bowl". What would happen if I use a
> metallic bowl? I know that the metal has a chemical reaction of some
> sort, but does that apply to all cooking or only certain foods? I've
> been using a Metallic bowl and hadn't noticed any problems with the
> recipe, but then i've never NOT used a metallic bowl to make it, so
> maybe it would taste better???

Not sure about venison, but most recipes refer to a non-reactive bowl.
Reactive means aluminium or a variety of other metals. Marinades for jerky
have a high acid content

Stainless steel bowls have always worked for me. Made some beef jerky last
week as a matter of fact. Soy sauce, Worcester, all that good stuff.