Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Swedish Hospital Cherry Hill Food

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
>> On 9/4/2011 6:22 PM, W. Baker wrote:
>>> Tiger > wrote:

>>> : The is an elderly couple who take a taxi to/from the restaurant
>>> every
>>> : day for their dinner. Dinner is 4:30 pm for them and they take
>>> home 1/2
>>> : the senior's portion they just ate. The lady indicates that a
>>> soft
>>> : boiled egg, toast and coffee is their morning meal; the left overs
>>> are
>>> : their mid day meal; dinner ensures they have at least lunch at
>>> home the
>>> : next day.
>>>
>>> : i didn't define elderly
>>> : he's 102 and she's 97
>>>
>>> : kate
>>>
>>> Do they have a senior feeding program either like senior lunches
>>> for a
>>> small fee or meals on wheels whic bring a prepared meal to the house
>>> 5 das
>>> a week? The other meals woul only entail light shopping that your
>>> mother
>>> could learn to do or that one of you could send over or oder from
>>> the
>>> computer.
>>>
>>> Wendy

>> Wendy, Meals on Wheels provides this service to the elderly. I don't
>> know about the remote area that Julie's parents live in. I know some
>> restaurants make your choice from 10 items, prepared in advance,
>> frozen and you only need to reheat them. These would be more upscale
>> meals and typically are a touch more appealing than the meals on
>> wheels options.

> I know that is available in Seattle. Don't know about where they
> live. But I know they would never eat that. Between all their
> dietary issues and pickiness it would never work.

Its amazing what people will do when there aren't other options though.
The time has now come where they have to rethink their whole lifestyle.
Its too late to say they should have thought these things out a long
time ago though. I used to care for a man who had a stroke, his wife is
a well known author. They lived not all that far from me but on acres in
this wonderful valley. The wife couldn't look after him and write as
well so she got a nursing service in to do all his personal needs stuff
twice a day. She also hired a woman who came in and cooked fabulous
meals a few times a week. They didn't need to be frozen as she was there
often enough. She would also do a bit of basic housework as well. It
worked for them. I have tried online shopping a couple of times, didn't
like it as much as going to the supermarket myself but that is workable.
You could order for them if they choose that path.