Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] koko@letscook.com is offline

Default Potato Salad ala Bagna Cauda

I wanted to take a potato salad to a potluck I attended at the park
last week. I didn't want to take a mayonnaise dressed potato salad and
have it sitting around on a hot day, so I got busy looking for
non-mayo ideas for dressing a potato salad.
After rambling through a couple of cooking magazines I found the
perfect one in the July-August issue of Food Network Magazine. The
magazine has a little "fly out" booklet with 50 great potato salad
ideas and I snagged one, the Bagna Cauda idea.

It's delicious and was a really big hit at the picnic.

Step by step and photos on my blog if you are interested.
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...gna-cauda.html

http://tinyurl.com/3ohutln

Here's the recipe I used.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Bagna Cauda

salads/salad dressings, vegetables

1 pound red potatoes; boiled and sliced
1/3 cup olive oil
6 anchovy fillets
4 cloves garlic; smashed
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped scallions
1 tablespoon chopped oregano
juice and zest of one lemon

In the olive oil, cook the anchovies, garlic and red pepper flakes for
5 minutes. Then add the parelsy, scallions, oregano the zest and juice
of one lemon.
Drizzle over 1 pound of boiled sliced red potatoes.

koko's notes;
For the potatoes I used small white potatoes, boiled and chunked.
It didn't taste spicy enough for my taste so I amped up the anchovies
and red pepper flakes.

Notes: Food Network Magazine July-Aug '11

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices