Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default Swedish Hospital Cherry Hill Food

On 9/4/2011 6:22 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Tiger > wrote:

> : The is an elderly couple who take a taxi to/from the restaurant every
> : day for their dinner. Dinner is 4:30 pm for them and they take home 1/2
> : the senior's portion they just ate. The lady indicates that a soft
> : boiled egg, toast and coffee is their morning meal; the left overs are
> : their mid day meal; dinner ensures they have at least lunch at home the
> : next day.
>
> : i didn't define elderly
> : he's 102 and she's 97
>
> : kate
>
> Do they have a senior feeding program either like senior lunches for a
> small fee or meals on wheels whic bring a prepared meal to the house 5 das
> a week? The other meals woul only entail light shopping that your mother
> could learn to do or that one of you could send over or oder from the
> computer.
>
> Wendy

Wendy, Meals on Wheels provides this service to the elderly. I don't
know about the remote area that Julie's parents live in. I know some
restaurants make your choice from 10 items, prepared in advance, frozen
and you only need to reheat them. These would be more upscale meals and
typically are a touch more appealing than the meals on wheels options.

kate