Steve8rox Steve8rox is offline
Member

Smile

When I first landed in South Korea 10 years ago, the previous foreigner-occupant had left an Electronic double-length Korean-brand toaster that works perfectly, sensing the thickness and heights of breads, etc., repeat cycles, etc.

Once, in whipping out massive quantities of toast for 40 hungry kid-campers, in desperation, I loaded 4 slices at a time, and flipped them when one side was done.

Perfect and fast operation for perhaps a half-hour or more.

Looks expensive but, psha kref !! , really performs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Pawlowski View Post
Either the bread has gotten larger (which I doubt) or the toaster
manufactures have been downsizing the toasters over the years. I've
replace mine twice now and I still find part of the bread shows over
the toaster top and doesn't get toasted. In an age of conserving
energy, having to flip the bread around and toast it a second time
doesn't make 'cents'.

Never had to do that with normal sized white bread, only for larger loaves
of Italian or other similar styles. Do you have a good brand of hte $7 made
in China from Wal Mart? Well, most all are made in China except the very
expensive Dualit from England.