Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Another boring anniversary accomplishment.

On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 07:32:19 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
>
>> I guess I just don't pay a lot of attention to time. My memory sucks
>> & I don't fight it anymore.

>I knew a day ahead that i was going to give up smoking.
>
>I knew when I ran out of smokes, that would be the end.
>
>The exact time was just merely a wondrous moment in my life, not
>important to anyone else.
>
>That it was exactly 10:00am when I put out my last cigarette and glanced
>at the wall clock at that instant was what made it a memorable moment in
>time for me.
>
>Something I can never forget!
>
>A life-list event, in a sense.
>
>I'm not prohibitive of guests smoking in my house. It's not as if I
>haven't been there before!!!
>
>Andy

there's been no smoking in my house for at least 15 years since I
tried once before to stop. (this time is for real, I can tell). My
husband has to smoke out on the deck in whatever weather. At least
the dog isn't subjected to second-hand smoke and the house no longer
stinks.
Janet US