Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Angela ate veggies and liked them.

Ozgirl > wrote:
: Don't know about anywhere else, but here I have known people to make
: Beef Stroganoff with Cream of Mushroom soup.

: "KROM" > wrote in message
: ...
: > I miss eating ground beef and onions mixed with cream of mushroom soup
: > over rice or noodles..simple dish yet so yummy!
: >
: > KROM
: >
: >
: > "W. Baker" wrote
: > Canned mushroom soup was the quick ad dirty cream sauce for all kinds
: > of
: > dishes. A work saver for fast meals and for some dishes, thought of
: > as
: > fancy as it had a sauce. Quick chicken a la kind, left over soup
: > chicken
: > adn canned pimento cut up into cram of mushroom soup. Lots of others
: > liek
: > this. If you look at community cook books form the 50's 60's and 70's
: > they are full of this kind of dish. tuna cassroe, shrimp cassarole,
: > chicken sstuffed crepes, etc all with that soup. Fortunately it went
: > out
: > of fashion.
That's what I mean- bad imitaion of ceam sauce that is quick and requires
no skill, but also results in n great dish.

Wendy