Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Angela ate veggies and liked them.

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: > : I do remember mushroom soup being used in chicken dishes. As a young
: > : married woman lots of recipes had mushroom soup in them Evil, lol.
: >
: > Canned mushroom soup was the quick ad dirty cream sauce for all kinds of
: > dishes. A work saver for fast meals and for some dishes, thought of as
: > fancy as it had a sauce. Quick chicken a la kind, left over soup chicken
: > adn canned pimento cut up into cram of mushroom soup. Lots of others liek
: > this. If you look at community cook books form the 50's 60's and 70's
: > they are full of this kind of dish. tuna cassroe, shrimp cassarole,
: > chicken sstuffed crepes, etc all with that soup. Fortunately it went out
: > of fashion.

: I don't know about that! I still see a lot of recipes using it.
Yes there are plenty of cookbooks tht actually recylce the old recipies
and ave not picke up on the more modern was of cooking,

Wendy