Charles H

Default Italian Oak Barrels?

Joe Ae wrote:

> I am finding very limited options in Niagara. A couple of suppliers carry
> French Oak 225L (990$C) ouch. Hungarian Oak Barrels. 60L ($399C) But I
> found a supplier yesterday that says he can get Italian Oak Barrels. 100L
> for 300$C.

Watson's <www.watsons.ca> has oak barrels listed from Hungary listed at
$500 and $595 for a 'bordeaux'. I found a small 50L barrel at a local
Portuguese store, the man claimed it was Portuguese oak(Quercus faginea)
It has Chardonnay in it right now.

My first barrel was a used American. I too, would recommend new Oak,
even in a smaller 100L barrel... I think that would be a better value
oak wise anyway. HTH

N.B. I don't work for Watson's

--
charles

"Once ... in the wilds of Afghanistan, I lost my corkscrew, and we were
forced to live on nothing but food and water for days."
- W.C. Fields