Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Hi everybody

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 21:24:34 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:50:25 +1000, "Ozgirl"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
>>>news >>>> On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:22:12 +1000, "Ozgirl"

>>>Are you taking pics of your "journey"?

>> I did take a "before" pic. As of this morning I am down 30 lbs from
>> my highest weight. 12 lbs I lost on their diet, which was the
>> easiest diet I ever went on, before surgery. The rest I lost in the
>> two and a half weeks since.
>>
>> Evelyn

>What was their diet?

I do have it written down .... let me see if I can find it. Aha...
here it is. This diet REALLY WORKS. I was not hungry and it is the
tricks in it that make it work. I had a hard time finishing my meals
in fact.

Diet

-- 6 oz. protein in each meal (weight after cooking) - A MUST
(can be eggs, meat, tofu,fish)
-- vegetables are almost unlimited
--½ cup only of carbs or 1 slice bread at each meal

-- You cannot drink anything during meals (it makes you eat less and
shrinks your stomach) This is for life.
-- You can drink water 1/2 hour before and 1/2 hour afterwards.
-- You must drink 64 ounces of water daily.
-- Pace it around your meals.
-- There is a specific list of supplements you must take daily.
-- No alcohol..... AT ALL It makes you bloat and your liver swells.
-- Only two cups of caffeinated beverage daily, and they are separate
from the 64 oz. of water. (they have a diuretic effect)

-- Take only 1 teaspoon size bites or even less, while eating.
-- Eat as slowly as possible.
-- Chew each bite as long and thoroughly as possible and swallow it
all before taking another bite.
-- You must eat all the protein on your plate before anything else.
-- Only 3, one half cup servings of any carb product per day.
-- Lots of vegetables.... almost unlimited with these three exceptions
which count as a carb serving; Peas, Corn or Lima beans.
-- No more than three tablespoons of fat per day.
-- Four small servings of fruit daily. ( for example; half an apple,
half a peach, half a banana, ½ cup of blueberries or
strawberries)
-- One meal per day must be a protein shake. You can add some fruit
to it or mix your liquid calcium into it or even some tofu.
-- you can have a salad with your shake if you wish.

-- Shakes can be made with Almond or Soy milk or Skim milk.
--Take a Biotin supplement to hopefully prevent hair loss due to
malnutrition after the surgery, but start now.
-- I get GNC hair skin and nails supplement.
-- I will also need to make sure I get 100% of my zinc requirement.

Veggies can be fresh or frozen, not canned.
Fruits can be fresh or frozen, canned must be water pack only.

No sugars including sugar alcohols. - Splenda is OK.