Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Hi everybody

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 08:42:00 -0500, "Storrmmee"
> wrote:

>I have a question, why is removing part of the stomach and making the tube
>prefferable to the, lap band, surgery. not sure if i got the name right,
>but the stomach is bandaded and can be adjusted/removed supposedly easily...
>I am just more curious than anything else, Lee

The lap band is a foreign object. You need to have it tightened
every so often, and they have to find the port under the skin, and
inject more saline in it to tighten it.

Everyone I know who got it, is fat again. Making the stomach
smaller can also result in getting fat again if you abuse it and fail
to watch your weight, but it is less likely, and there is no foreign
object to need removal.

There is a wealth of information on the internet. All the various
options are out there.

Evelyn