Posted to alt.food.diabetic
BlueBrooke[_4_] BlueBrooke[_4_] is offline

Default Hi everybody

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 12:44:36 -0500, "KROM" > wrote:

>if you notice she has only had protein shakes and a egg to eat..you too
>would likely not need meds eating 8 ounces of food a day.
>
>this surgery only forces restraint..its not a cure..not that you said it
>was..I'm just thinking of the people who say this "cured" them and nobody
>thinks what if you fed a person the same food no surgery would it have the
>same effect..I think it would..but would be much harder as the surgery lets
>you feel full on that diet while a non bypass person would feel starved.
>
>its interesting stuff to think about

Actually, there has been discussion in ASD about such surgery "curing"
T2, and there have been some interesting results.

Yes, if you're only eating eight ounces of food a day, the weight loss
is going to be swift and dramatic. And, yes, if you're only eating
protein, there's no "carb hit" to raise the BG. But with such a small
food intake each day, wouldn't there be issues with liver dumps?

I admit I don't know the in's and out's of all of this stuff, but from
what I've read in ASD from people who have not had this surgery, I
would think there would be BG problems with the limited food intake? I
know, personally, if I'm not eating much my BG can go up, especially
in the mornings. While I'm sure the "meals" are spread throughout the
day, wouldn't the mornings still be an issue? Evelyn says she isn't
needing her meds anymore, so I'm assuming her FBG is fine?

Just a lot of guessing, I know, but from this, and other reports, it
seems there's something going on other than just forced restraint.