Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default Low carb diet

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> > There it is:"I don't care". Of course you don't, because if you did, you'd
> > get answers you don't want
> >

> What is that supposed to mean? I have no way of knowing how it got on the
> floor. I don't have a security cam. I have better things to do than to
> worry about how two pieces of food got on the floor yesterday.

Your context when mentioning you found it on the floor strongly implied that DD
put it there. As to not knowing how it got there, why not ask your kittens...oh
wait, maybe you could ask DD, but as I said, you really don't want to know that
she did it, do you?

> > And what are you going to do when food magically appears on the floor after
> > you've implemented your new lidded trash can? "Oh the cats must have
> > figured out how to get the lid open"

> Well no because of the design of it. They can't open it *and* get in it. So
> if I see food on the floor after that I'll know Angela did it. Or if my
> husband is home maybe he did it.

So, instead of actually asking DD if she did it, you went out and spent money,
which you have previously mentioned is a concern for you, on a possibly
unnecessary item?

> >> As for touching raw meat... Do you really think she would do it? Nope.

> > Of course not, because she has you to do it for her. You are some mother,
> > preparing your child for the world when she's on her own.

> It is not necessary to touch raw meat to cook. It really isn't.

Which in no way is the same thing as having DD take *SOME* responsibility for
both her disease/illness and diet

> >> She has no interest whatever in cooking. And that's fine. As long as she
> >> knows how to get food that works for me.

> > In that case, there's no problem so why did you post yet another insane
> > thread?

> Insane? I don't think so.

The "so" seems totally redundant

> >> Why would she be searching for answers? She's 13!

> > 1) because it's her problem, not yours

> You must not have children. To expect a 13 year old to be responsible for
> her medial stuff is what's insane.

I'm not talking about her medical stuff, I'm talking about the stuff she puts in
her mouth, which hopefully is food

> She has a friend who is a type 1 diabetic. She sneaks food all the time.
> It's what kids do. If kids of that age didn't need their parents then they
> would commonly be emancipated. And they're not.

They would be commonly emancipated if they could prove they are responsible.
Since you seem unlike to provide an environment that encourages DD to be
responsible, she will enter legal adulthood totally unprepared to take care of
herself.

> > 2) because some day you will die and she will have to take care of herself

> And hopefully she will be old enough to take care of herself when I do die.

She's old enough to take care of herself now, it's just that you don't want her
to take care of herself.

> My parents left me home alone when I was 13. Not for the day but like...for
> a week. I did things I wasn't supposed to do. That's what kids do!

Oh, so at age 13 you were able to feed and clothe yourself, but DD isn't?

> > 3) because 13 is way old enough for her to take charge of her body and
> > herself.

> What country do you live in where this is the law?

What has the law got to do with taking responsibility for her body and herself?

> > You actually seem quite proud that she is indifferent to her issues. Way to
> > go mom.

> I never said she was indifferent. But what I will say is that you are an
> asshole. Yep. ASSHOLE!

I'd be insulted, but in my experience, such lame insults from defective mothers
means nothing except that you are angry with yourself

--

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras lobortis volutpat
commodo. Morbi lobortis, massa fringilla adipiscing suscipit, velit urna