Helene Helene is offline
Member

Location: india
Red face

ohh....

that mostly ONLY Indian think.

I hated indian food when I came first to india 4 years ago. Indian food abroad, isn't indian at all, first of all. I got sick and the spice combis were just unimaginable perverse to me. lol

I used to buy tiger biscuits over 5 months because the food was crap around, whereever I would go. Till I reached Goa, a former portugues colony, home to Christians. I am mentioning christians, because the way they cook is just totaly different then to the hindus. Same dishes but totaly different taste and sometimes even preperation. Lots of spices and Vinaiger too but also meat dishes. I just fell in love with the cooking style and flavoures, even dough I couldn't stand pungent food. Then I got to know Punjabi cuisine too, which is very flavourefull, exp. Tandoori, nan.

I enjoy spicy pungent food by now and can even swollow coriander! =D

Spicy food doesn't realy exist from where I come. I grew up with cheese, chocolate and herbs. =)

But as I can see a trend in Goa between foreigners is Tandoori Chicken and Fish Curry rice!

Indias Cuisine is getting more and more popular.