Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Low carb diet

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>>> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>>
>>> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>>> : ...
>>> : > Julie Bove > wrote:
>>>
>>> julie,
>>>
>>> You can make kebabas in the broiler of your oven. I live in a city
>>> apartment and would make them for the kids occasionally.

>> I won't use the broiler. Too messy. I also don't think I could make
>> kebabs. I won't touch raw meat.
>>
>> Too bad the chicken kebabs they sell have either wheat or peanut in them.

> Well, the unfortunate thing now is that Angela really needs to have
> certain things to get healthy so you might have to bite the bullet. Use
> the disposables gloves. When Jazz was an infant she got asthma after
> bronchiolitis. I had a major mask problem ever since I had a rubber mask
> pumping ether into me when I had tonsils out at 3. For 2 days nurses held
> her while she was on the nebuliser. After that they forced me to do it. As
> they said, my child's life could depend on this and I was the only one
> home with her most of the time. Yes they were brutal but it was necessary.
> My kids' life and health had to come before my phobia. I think you might
> have to overcome some of your problems like with fresh meat, to help
> Angela. No one else is going to do it.

There is no way I will handle raw meat even with gloves on. And no way I
will use the broiler. There is no way of knowing if she would even like the
kebabs. Chances are she wouldn't. She just doesn't like meat when I cook
it. I found part of tonight's dinner on the kitchen floor. I guess she
thought I wouldn't see it there? A piece of meat and a potato with one bite
taken out of them. She said she liked the potatoes. Apparently not. I
didn't like them one bit. Most likely because of the garlic. Luckily it
was a small dinner but apparently too much meat for me.

My stomach has really been bothering me lately and the foods I seem to
digest the best are white bread, white rice, and mashed potatoes. I hate
eating these things around her but... I guess I have no choice. Especially
since we are down to one toilet now.

I am hoping the guy will show up tomorrow like he said he would to finish my
driveway and then I can ask him if he could put in a new toilet. After we
get that paid off I will take her to Smart Eats. They sell gluten free
stuff and low carb stuff. In most cases you get one or the other. And I
think most of the low carb stuff will be out for her because it contains
nuts or soy. But we might find something she can eat.