Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ema Nymton Ema Nymton is offline

Default The Low Fat High Carb-cholesterol is scary mantra.

On 8/16/2011 1:33 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> yada yada, etc.etc........on the food lies......the bottom line for me
> is that I have lost over 50 pounds and still dropping, I eat GREAT, I
> have no more joint pain, back pain, I sleep like a baby, I feel really
> good, younger, more sprightly, etc. I still enjoy a glass of wine and
> a square of dark chocolate as well !

If this way of eating is working for you, then you keep going. If we
woke up 20K years ago, we would not be consuming the blue box mac &
cheese, margarine, Twinkies or coca-cola. Was our bodies intended to
eat that? Probably not, so I try to avoid eating processed foods. I
lost weight eating meat, fish, poultry, eggs, cheese, yogurt, fruit and
vegetables, and I eat whole fat. I currently weigh 158, so I still have
a few more pounds to lose. I wish you the best of luck on your way of
eating.

Becca