Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Yucky vegetables

"Janet" > wrote in message
> Ozgirl wrote:
>> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>> i hope the test works out well, Lee

>> Those Tupperware celery keepers are fabulous for keeping celery fresh
>> for a long time. I cut the leaves off and use it in soup or stew and
>> cut off the root bit so there are single stalks. Failing that rinse
>> the stalks in water and put in a plastic bag and close it. Lasts a
>> bit long er than doing nothing at all but not as good as the
>> Tupperware thingy

> I'm going to have to get one. I always have a problem with celery going
> bad before I can finish the whole head.
>
> Are they labelled as such in stores? What do they look like?

The thing I had wasn't specifically for celery but any vegetables. I got it
at a party. Actually I had two. They were rectangular and had two tabs on
one end. You were to close or open them depending on how much air you
wanted to let in. This is the part my husband broke. Actually I just cut
them up and put them in plastic bags now. When it is cut up we eat a lot of
it.