Posted to alt.food.wine
Ed Rasimus Ed Rasimus is offline

Default Chianti Classico, whom to visit?

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 12:38:13 +0200, Mike Tommasi >
wrote:

>On 13/08/2011 10:41, NilsGLindgren wrote:
>> Thanks, all ...

>Montevertine is one wine I find to be consistently good. One I haven't
>tried in a while is Percarlo, I remember it also being a reliable great
>wine. Even though neither are my preferred style, cannot help liking them.
>

>About Brunello (should be a new thread...). I know that the @#$%^mess
>that is going on there about Sangiovese being not-so-secretly and
>illegally cut with abundant Cab is still going on, but consider this (ok
>a little polemic):
>Sangiovese pure is a recent phenomenon, Sangiovese has alway been cut
>with other varieties including white ones, and for good reason (Nils you
>know my theory of Souther blends / Northern varietals), consistent with
>Southern Rhone, Bordeaux and to some extent even Northern Rhone.
>
>Now WHY NOT blend Sangiovese with Cabernet? If the result is good, then
>maybe it's time to revise the DOCG? I mean, DOCG in Italy now means
>nothing, there are so many DOCGs now, even for areas with ABSOLUTELY NO
>TRADITION of making good wine, and some that do not produce a single
>wine that is anything more than mediocre.
>
>Nils please investigate while you are there.
>
>ciao
>
>Mike

Mike, are you talking about IGT in your comments about Sangiovese/Cab
blending? It seems like the "Super Tuscan" buzz of a decade or so ago
has largely quieted down. Does that mean more acceptance, decline of
the novelty, or abandonment of the concept/quality?