Posted to alt.food.wine
NilsGLindgren NilsGLindgren is offline

Default Chianti Classico, whom to visit?

Hello,
Lo these many moons. Long time no see-um. A few years ago my ISP decided I did not need connection to the User Groups, and discontinued the service. Some attempts at using other means proved fruitless, then other things took over. Nevertheless, I'm back - a short roll call shows the presence of the usual suspects still posting ... During my absence I have passed a few exams in the Swedish tasting group "Munskänkarna" (The Tastevins in Frenglish) and am a sometime lecturer there. I continue to be predominantly Franco/Italophile but have developed a love for NZ and Hunter Valley Semillon.
Enough sentimental waffling already.
---
Me and my wife (Xina to the old guys) are planning a trip to Tuscany and Chianti Classico. We do believe we see a move back to the native grapes of Tuscany (even though wines made with 100% Sangiovese are, formally, IIRC, not allowed under the DOCG), and hopefully, more sustainable practices. Unfortunately, too often we here "respect for the traditions and for the land" repeated as a mantra while one is trying to hide the reverse osmosis kit and the industry sized packages of tartric acid ...
Where do we go? Whom do we visit? WE are not adverse to conversing in broken Italian.

Cheers

Nils