Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Poutnik[_2_] Poutnik[_2_] is offline

Default thermo

In article <b10d0448-8648-4b51-a86b-42df9d21ead7
@d7g2000vbv.googlegroups.com>, says...

> jimhong
> More options Jan 24 1995, 5:52 pm
> bruce campbell writes:
> >When you are in your breakroom getting coffee, put the cream in as soon as
> >you fill your cup as opposed to waiting until you get to your desk to add
> >the cream. The coffee will be warmer when its time to drink it.

> Would you mind sharing with why this is?
> It seems to me that there would be a) a negligable difference, or b)
> putting
> the cream in *after* it has had a chance to start warming to room
> temperature
> would make putting the cream after waiting better.

Water cooling is rapidly slowing down with decreasing temperature
together with slowing down evaporation.

There are cases when hot water based liquid
is to be mixed later with something cold.

If the result is to be as cold as possible,
one should let water alone cooling down
as long as possible before addition.

And viceversa.

--