Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Tutall Tutall is offline

Default Salmon

On Aug 10, 10:57*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:07:19 -0400, wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 00:24:12 -0500, Sqwertz >
> > wrote:

> >>Just a side note, steelhead is my favorite fish to smoke. *It hasn't
> >>dropped below $8/lb for a couple years.

Ahm buying Pacific WILD salmon for $10/Lb. Not that crappy farmed
shit. Did you ask what we pay for Dungeness in season? . Got a whole
salmon off the boat last weekend. Holy shit that grilled up good.

It's a good year for the salmon run. So me and mine are eating them up
while we can. One of my favorite meats.

I like the skin on as it protects the meat on that side. Will usually
grill it skin side down to start with, by the time it time to turn it,
the skin is burnt to the grill, so just slide the steak off and flip
it and give the charred and grilled skin to the dog.

So look for wild salmon being on special.