Posted to alt.food.diabetic
KROM KROM is offline

Default coleslaw

if I recall you boil vinegar with sugar or sugar sub with whole pepper corns
and coriander or cumin and mustard seed and then pour it hot over the slaw
then refrigerate..

here's one :

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/rec...aw127966.shtml

KROM

"W. Baker" wrote in message ...

KROM > wrote:
: made the slaw with a head of red and a head of regular cabbage and doubled
: the recipe since it called for just one head.

: I used the Cuisinart to shred the cabbage to rice size bits and salted
: rinsed and drained it and shredded a few baby carrots..not many as carrot
: spikes me.

: I replaced the sugar with liquid splenda

: turned out excellent!

: was just as good as kfc.

: it was a bit dryer then I like so I made extra dressing to adjust it as I
: like and bough whole peppercorns to grind in my pepper grinder..nothing
: beats fresh ground pepper on coleslaw

: so I would say it was a huge success ..excellent recipe!

: I've seen some where you pour hot vinegar on the slaw etc...this was very
: easy..very tasty

: KROM

Someone brought a coleslaw today to our kiddush(feed after services) adn I
took a taste and then went back for a full serving. It was awsome! no
sugar, no mayo, I guess some kind of a vinegrette. Don't know whomade it
so cna't get the recipe. It clearly had cabbage, carrot and onion. I
might try fiddling with these foods and some vinegar adn not much oil, as
there wasn't much in this sallad. Any thoughts? I couldeat a bowlful of
that stuff and want to duplicate so I can:-)

Wendy