Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default Bread baking pans

sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 10:33:17 -0700, Jennifer Murphy
> > wrote:
>
>> I would like to find a source for matching heavy-duty (ie good quality)
>> non-stick bread baking pans in a variety of sizes.
>>
>> This is for a gift for my daughter who bakes specialty breads (pumpkin,
>> zucchini, etc). I'd like the standard 9x5 size plus a couple of smaller
>> sizes. I'd like them all to match as in a set.

> I bought a Chicago Metallic commercial quality bread pan from Surly
> Table a few months ago and I'm very satisfied with it. I only see two
> sizes online, but I think the store I shopped in had more sizes.
> <http://www.surlatable.com/search/searchContainer.jsp;jsessionid=F141060A4C112C2FB67 4C2570E2CD20E?q=bread%20pans&s=true>
> On that page, the manufacturer with a lot of sizes to choose from is
> Fat Daddio (which I don't even remember seeing in the store).

I like Chicago Metallic COMERCIAL Pans... However, I think Chicago Metallic
NON Stick Pans are over priced and are terrible. They need a spray coating
according the "Owners Manual", like "Pam for Baking" spray. The darker the
pans the darker and almost burnt like sides of the bread. The temperature
needs to be about 25 degrees less than most bread making instructions. Also
they do not last forever, the non stick coatings wears out.

I personally hate, I mean dislike, the non stick pans. It is better to
grease the cheaper pans. In my unprofessional opinion.