Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Bread baking pans

On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 10:33:17 -0700, Jennifer Murphy
> wrote:

>I would like to find a source for matching heavy-duty (ie good quality)
>non-stick bread baking pans in a variety of sizes.
>
>This is for a gift for my daughter who bakes specialty breads (pumpkin,
>zucchini, etc). I'd like the standard 9x5 size plus a couple of smaller
>sizes. I'd like them all to match as in a set.

snip
If she bakes quick breads exclusively (non-yeasted breads) any of the
recipes that I am familiar with do not make a loaf as large as a 9x5
but rather more like 8x5 or 8x4 or smaller. It doesn't sound
important, but her loaves won't dome properly or bake through if the
pan is too large. If she is already using 9x5 pans, you don't have a
problem. Otherwise I'd check before I bought any.
If she makes yeasted breads as well, again the size of the recipe
determines the size of the pan. A one-pound loaf will generally work
well in a 8x4.
Janet US