Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Coconut JUICE is NOT coconut MILK!!

On 04/08/2011 5:53 PM, Steve Freides wrote:

> Coconuts are an area of interest of mine that I've researched a good
> deal. If you're interested, do some reading. The biggest health
> benefit if from coconut oil - I eat a spoonful or two every day.
> Coconut milk is useful in some recipes, I know, but coconut oil is great
> as a dietary supplement, and it's also fine to cook with.

When I developed a heart problem I had some advice about diet. I am
supposed to eat lots of fruit..... NOT COCONUT. When I had a
consultation with the dietitian we talked about it and she dismissed all
the positive stuff on various web sites about the health benefits of
coconut as being from the promoters of coconut sales.

It's a dmaned shame because I like curries made with coconut milk.