Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Freides[_2_] Steve Freides[_2_] is offline

Default Coconut JUICE is NOT coconut MILK!!

John Kuthe wrote:
> Now I have to ride up and return 8 cans of coconut juice, because
> what I want and need is cocoanut MILK!
>
> I tend to learn best from my own mistakes! :-) But I did find a cool
> bicycle route to Seafood City, where I buy my coconut milk and brown
> rice! So now I get to ride it again!
>
> John Kuthe...

Coconuts are an area of interest of mine that I've researched a good
deal. If you're interested, do some reading. The biggest health
benefit if from coconut oil - I eat a spoonful or two every day.
Coconut milk is useful in some recipes, I know, but coconut oil is great
as a dietary supplement, and it's also fine to cook with.

Book:

http://www.amazon.com/Coconut-Miracl.../dp/1583332049

Web site:

http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org

and there are many others - the book is $10 and well worth reading,
IMHO, as is another title called The Great Cholesterol Con.

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Choleste.../dp/1844546101

-S-