Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Tonight's dinner.

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>

>> "KROM" > wrote in message
>>> you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever
>>> had one of their biscuits..thats what you'd eat the gravy on.
>>>
>>> mmmmm...kfc biscuits...
>>>
>>> I miss those and the coleslaw
>>>
>>> the chicken..not so much...
>>>
>>> I worked there for a year as a kid and knowing what was behind the
>>> curtain would only eat the biscuits/gravy/nuggets...the rest I never
>>> ate again...lol
>>>
>>> as the whackadoo mel gibson once said their green chicken is
>>> disgusting..
>>>
>>> KROM

>> Hehe, we don't have the biscuits and the chicken here is fine, for
>> takeaway stuff.
>> The coleslaw used to be wonderful, now it is made too far ahead and
>> comes with the peel off foil lids. The bean salad what what I lived
>> for there and alas it is no more ;(

> Once, many, many years ago, my brothers brought a bucket to a function
> and there were maggots in the bottom. Probably in the container
> itself, but I never liked KFC chicken after that at all. :-)

The sad thing is that perhaps they were spraying flies back then and one
blow fly managed to drop its maggots as it died. My son used to work for
a large Maccas on a busy freeway. It was tucked in off the road amongst
dense bushland and rats gravitated towards it. They find it extremely
hard to keep rats out as it is a 24/7 never shut the doors
establishment. It was publicly named and shamed on the Health Dept
website which was a shame as I knew the lengths they went to keep them
out and the cleanliness levels they adhered to. They had a rat patrol
set up like toilet cleaning roster. Toilets were cleaned every hour and
store room checked every hour round the clock. The store room was the
only place they ever went into as their was no regular human traffic and
never did they chew threw any containers, never had the chance. But once
you get the name and shame nothing will convince people otherwise.