Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.support.diabetes
Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] is offline

Default Is Your Meat Habit Giving You Diabetes?

In article >,
posted:

http://motherjones.com/tom-philpott/...g-you-diabetes

> No, my meat habit kept my diabetes in control. Now that I am
> (reluctantly) vegan my diabetes is getting out of control. Only to be
> expected, meat is almost carb free, while all vegan dishes are carb based.

There are numerous nutritious, low-carb vegan dishes made with the
four food groups: fruits, vegetables, legumes and grains.

A related article:

Diabetes: Can a Vegan Diet Reverse Diabetes?

By Andrew Nicholson, M.D.

http://www.pcrm.org/health/clinres/diabetes.html

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti