Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tonight's dinner.

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "RodS" > wrote in message ...

>>> Lol, scones and gravy I think or similar.
>>>

>> Thanks for all the answers, I am now adding Sausage gravy along with
>> Grits to my bucket list of things I never need to eat :-)

> lol, and canned chicken?
>
> Actually, near the tuna now there is small cans of snack chicken with mayo
> I think. I put it on my son's "lunch - 11pm, lol" and he never said
> anything about it. But this is the ex-Maccas kid who lived and breathed
> Maccas food

Angela and I have been eating canned chicken every week this summer. I got
a lot of coupons for Bob Evan's mashed potatoes which she loves. I didn't
like them when I first had them but they have grown on it. I heat those
then I make a gravy of the chicken by heating it along with the water it
comes in, in a large skillet. Then I add a little rice flour, pepper and
parsley. Cook for a minute then slowly stir in a can of chicken broth,
mashing the chicken as I go. Works for me because I can't stand biting into
a chunk of chicken. I also do this with canned turkey.

Winco foods carries a whole chicken in a can. Angela keeps wanting to buy
it but she too has an issue with bones in food so I would never buy it for
us. Might buy it for the food bank if I am ever feeling wealthy. I think it
costs about $8. The cans of chicken breast are much cheaper.

I guess what you like all depends on what you grew up on. We had a lot of
barely seasoned food and stuff from cans.