Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Tonight's dinner.

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "RodS" > wrote in message
>> On 24/07/2011 1:25 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>

>>> I don't usually get food cravings although oddly today I was craving
>>> biscuits with sausage gravy

>> I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.
>>
>> Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?

> American biscuits are not sweet. They're a quick bread. Sort of like
> a scone but no sugar.

I only add sugar to a scone if I want a sweet one like adding sultanas
or mixed dried fruit (like you put in a fruit cake) and only then a
little sugar and some sprinkled on top. I am more likely to make savoury
scones with ham, cheese, paprika etc. My kids prefer the plain ones,
warm, with butter and jam or honey.

Sausage gravy is a little bit of found sausage cooked,
> then flour is added, then some milk or cream to make a gravy. Lots of
> black pepper and sometimes hot pepper is added.

I like white sauce on fish, corned beef etc but a meat gravy I like to
be brown I would just have to add some gravy browning (for the looks
not the taste!) Parisian essence I used to have on hand when I was a
new bride, lol. I never did manage to make a brown gravy from the pan
drippings successfully.