Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alice Faber Alice Faber is offline

Default Tonight's dinner.

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> I don't usually get food cravings although oddly today I was craving
> biscuits with sausage gravy and I don't know why. Those are something I
> very rarely eat! But if I am going to have a craving it's not necessarily
> for a salty food but a crunchy one. Granted a lot of the crunchy foods I
> might eat are salty.

I don't often get food cravings either, but when I do they're often what
I think of as indirect cravings. What I mean by this is that the craving
might actually agree for an ingredient or standard accompaniment for
what I think I crave. For instance, when I was in grad school and
getting used to living in the Texas heat, I would have occasional
cravings for French fries, which I don't actually *like* that much. I
finally realized that what I craved was the salt, and I could satisfy
the craving by putting extra salt in something else.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet