Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Reviews? Really?

Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:

>One of my biggest gripes about FN or Epicurious regards some of the
>idiot reviewers. While looking for a certain type of "peasant bread,"
>I saw a likely recipe on FN and checked out the reviews. The very
>first one made me want to track the poster down and 'splain what the
>word "review" means, Loosey.
>
>Direct quote: "I haven't tried this particular recipe but it seems to
>have more than a few steps involved in it. It may be a bit time
>consuming--I could be wrong."
>
>Aaarrrggghhh!!!

Amen. Was it a 1star review? My favorite 5 star review is; [and
I've seen it more than once]
"Sounds yummy-- I'm going to try this someday!!!!!"

I also like the ones that say essentially-- I didn't have any of the
ingredients, and didn't like your method - Your recipe sucks.

OTOH-- Sometimes wading through 30-40 reviews can give some real good
ideas and cautions.

Jim