Negodki

Default PMD and other asses

"Robin Somes" > wrote:

> Don't know about Google or other web-based news services, but for
> off-line newsreaders it should be possible.
>
> The 3 prime culprits (although it may all be the work of one troll),
> regularly change the spoofed addresses they post from, so it's tiresome
> to kill-file each new address. However, the 3 each have distinguishing
> lines in the header information of their posts:
>
> Torllski: There's only one.
>
> 3 custom kill rules in my newsreader software (Turnpike) thus:
>
> /^Torllski: There's only one./h
>
> therefore should reject all posts from the 3 individuals.
>
> I don't know about setting up kill rules in Outlook / Outlook Express /
> Agent / Netscape / whatever, but I imagine it's a reasonably
> straightforward process using similar expressions.
>
> An experienced OE user will shortly be along to tell me it's not...

Robin,

It's not so easy with Outlook Express, since the "blocked sender" function
appears to only allow an email or domain address. But there is 3rd party
software which will block this garbage without requiring it to be
downloaded. Various methods for various newsreaders are discussed in the
following article: http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/killfilefaq.htm.

However, it makes more sense to me to try to eliminate these children,
rather than to simply ignored them and hope they go play in someone else's
yard.

The ISP for the first IP address (67.74.166.63) is Level 3 Communications,
Inc., 1025 Eldorado Blvd., Broomfield, CO 80021. USA. Complaints may also be
filed by telephone (1-877-453-8353), or by email ).

The ISP for the second IP address (213.48.232.22) is Telewest Broadband IP
Network Services, Genesis Business Park, Albert Drive, Woking, Surrey UK
GU21 5RW. Complaint may be filed by email: (the ISP
states that complaints addressed elsewhere will be ignored, although I
suspect they might pay attention to a angry mob armed with pitchforks and
tar).

I'm considering posting Mr. 'Torllski's true name, address, and telephone
numbers in the near future, for the benefit of those of us who believe in
DIY remedies.