Robin Somes

Default PMD and other asses

In message > , Rene
> writes
>Just wondering whether google has any brilliant thoughts about
>skipping these emails automatically?
>
>Must say, fascinating readings though, but am getting bored quickly.
>:!

Heading a bit off topic here, but here goes...

Don't know about Google or other web-based news services, but for
off-line newsreaders it should be possible.

The 3 prime culprits (although it may all be the work of one troll),
regularly change the spoofed addresses they post from, so it's tiresome
to kill-file each new address. However, the 3 each have distinguishing
lines in the header information of their posts:

Torllski: There's only one.

3 custom kill rules in my newsreader software (Turnpike) thus:

/^Torllski: There's only one./h

therefore should reject all posts from the 3 individuals.

I don't know about setting up kill rules in Outlook / Outlook Express /
Agent / Netscape / whatever, but I imagine it's a reasonably
straightforward process using similar expressions.

An experienced OE user will shortly be along to tell me it's not...

cheers,
robin
--
www.newforestartgallery.co.uk