Posted to rec.food.cooking
George[_1_] George[_1_] is offline

Default Tonight I made something I've never made before - Potato AndCheese Pierogi

On 7/14/2011 10:17 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> Not sure why I wanted to do this on a weeknight. I wanted to make some
> over the weekend but I was low on flour. So the other day I got some
> flour and decided tonight I'd make this dish. What a lot of work! After
> finally finishing the boiling part, I'm too tired to fry some up and eat
> any. I know they will freeze well and now I will have a big bag of
> pierogi to use as needed. I tasted one, and it does taste like pasta so
> I must have done something right. My treat was the leftover
> potato-cheese-onion-garlic stuffing goodness.

Lots of work as you said but worth it because they are light years
better than those frozen industrial ones.

Common home fare when I was a kid. My mother made them frequently and so
did her sister. They made every version you could imagine including
fruit filled.