Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default What are some ways to cook food so it tastes good and is good for you ?

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:20:58 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Avins >
wrote:

> On Jul 14, 12:02*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 11:43:02 -0400, Jim Elbrecht >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 07:49:13 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Avins >
> > > wrote:

> > > Anybody use the pan I saw in the Chef's catalog yesterday? * *A
> > > corrugated, *perforated [enameled?] steel baking sheet to bake 'french
> > > fries'-
> > >http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/...ni-ns-french-f...

> > > I'm not a big french fry eater-- but I think it might work well for
> > > roasting green beans & carrot sticks.

> > I think you'll need to dip them in oil first. *Might as well save your
> > money and use a regular baking sheet.

> The trouble with a regular baking sheet or silicone mat is that the
> two sides don't get done evenly. I find that a rack is good for most
> foods. Even if it's wiped with a little oil, there;s not much contact
> area.

I like the deep brown crispiness that contact with the pan gives and
will turn them as many times as necessary to get them browned all
over. The perforated pan just won't do it.