Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Tonight's dinner.

I had a wonderful and unusual (for me) lunch. I was out and about this
morning and stopped for a cappuccino. I noticed a nice fresh greek salad
bowl so got a takeaway carton full of that and then looked around for
something to go with it but it was the usual falafels, quiche,
spanakapita etc. The I noticed an omelet. It was a bit bigger than my
palm around and at least half an inch thick. I heated it up for lunch to
have with the salad and after the first cut I noticed it was packed with
finely chopped parsley, so thickly packed you could hardly see any
omelet. The only other stuff I could see in it was onion and what looked
like very finely chopped zuchini. It was very, very tasty. I bought some
lamb, garlic and rosemary sausages for myself from the butcher to have
with veggies. I got the kids some lollipop chicken. It is just boned
chicken leg pushed down to form a ball shape with a thick, short piece
of bone left in to form a handle of sorts, in each one. Then it was
crumbed with a spicy looking crumb mixture. I got some nice chicken and
sun dried tomato ravioli for them with a pouch of creamy bacon and
mushroom sauce from the fresh food section. Then steamed veggies for all
of us.