Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default What's for dinner?

W. Baker > wrote:
: Ozgirl > wrote:

: : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: : ...
: : > Ozgirl > wrote:
: : >
: : > : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: : > : > my country hose for a long week(2 weekends+) and I won't have it
: : > all
: : > : > equipped with a freezer of food as I did when we spent 2 -3 months
: : > : > here.
: : >
: : > : How do you do the turkey meatloaf? I only have success with beef,
: : > : chicken meatloaf was a disaster - it was very dry.
: : >
: : >
: : > I make some low carb breadcrumbs in the food processor and put
: : > themiinto a
: : > ig bowl. Then I chop aa nice sized onion and a greenpepper in the
: : > processor, pulsing so it doesn't go all into slush. I put that into
: : > the
: : > bowl and mix it some then add the meat(1lb for 1 green pepper and one
: : > onion and 3 slices of low carb bread(small slices, but not
: : > fluffy texture.) I mist this and add what in the US is a 8oz can of
: : > tomato sauce(NOT KETCHUP) it is called "Spanish Styple, and is not
: : > highly
: : > flavored, but fairly liquid.

: : Is this it? If so, it sounds like our tomato puree:
: : http://www.calobonga.com/calorieCoun...rie-counter.lz
: :

: It will take me a while until I can answer, as I have no access to the web
: from my groups program, which is an old Pine one, soI have to sent the url
: to my email and them open it. It is a thin sauce, seasonedgently but with
: more than just saalt as what is called tomato puree here is. Our puree is
: thickish and esssentially unseasoned. ., but I will check your URL.

: Wendy

although I could find no ingredient list, it certainly, with teh "spanish
style" title, sound the same.

Wendy