Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default Paleo/GAPS/Gluten Free/Dairy Free Diet Suggestions?

Ranée at Arabian Knits > wrote:

> I am the OP, and I never said we needed to eliminate all grains.
> Read the original post. We are doing a two week elimination diet of
> gluten, wheat, dairy, soy, citrus, strawberries, chocolate and almonds.
> We will begin testing those on the 15th day. I have three boys with
> very, very dry skin, two with eczema. We are looking for a possible
> food related reason for their suffering. We have done skin tests for
> allergies and will be doing a blood test after this if we find nothing
> through the diet. I am cooking this way in general because I have seven
> children and don't want to do two different meals three times a day. I
> don't want to tempt/tease those on the elimination diet, and I don't
> want the hassle of cooking six meals a day.

I would think that blood test could be done first. Their was one test that
my family members are going through and each one of us had a major Vitamin
D deficiency. My doctor has me on 3,000 IU per day of D3. Seems my skin
problem are clearing up. It seems that everyone these days are using heavy
sun blockers. But I burn so easily when outside. Or it is a genetic trait
among us.

Are your kids teenagers going through that phase of life where pimples and
dry skin is a part of life. It may go away after time after the hormones
settle down.