Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
Derek[_2_] Derek[_2_] is offline

Default Right amounts of the omega 3, 6 and 9 in a Veg diet

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 11:03:38 +0100, Seum > wrote:

>Greetings Everyone,
>
>I have been a vegetarian since 1972 and a vegan for the past 10 years.
>
>Today I found these two groups and would like to know how the members
>manage to get the right amounts of the omega 3, 6 and 9 in their food
>intake.
>
>TIA

Flax seeds will take care of your 3 and 6 requirements, and you'll
produce your own 9s if you have enough of the first two. Buy them
whole and grind only what you need to last for a couple of days. Store
the ground seeds in the fridge, if you've ground too many for one
day's requirements. I usually have between one and two table spoons a
day. They're a particularly good source of dietary fibre as well.