Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Paleo/GAPS/Gluten Free/Dairy Free Diet Suggestions?

In article >,
Julie Bove > wrote:

>"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>
>> [teff]
>>
>>> Everything I have seen indicates it is in fact GF. Do you have a
>>> cite that says otherwise?

>> Yes, the Wikipedia article on Teff, which itself has a cite.

>Actually it says the opposite.
>
>The link:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teff
>
>The quote:
>
>" The grain can be used by celiacs (the gluten in teff does not contain the
>a-gliadin-fraction that causes celiac disease)

Right. Please go back to the part of my post you did not quote; I said
that Teff has gluten but that celiacs eat it, but if you have
a gluten allergy it will be a problem.

Ranee did not state whether the elimination diet is intended to
screen for celiac as opposed to allergy.

Steve