Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Paleo/GAPS/Gluten Free/Dairy Free Diet Suggestions?

"Giusi" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> "Steve Pope" > wrote in message

>>> [teff]

>>> Yes, the Wikipedia article on Teff, which itself has a cite.

>> Actually it says the opposite.
>>
>> The link:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teff
>>
>> The quote:
>>
>> " The grain can be used by celiacs (the gluten in teff does not contain
>> the a-gliadin-fraction that causes celiac disease) and has a high
>> concentration of different nutrients, a very high calcium content, and
>> significant levels of the minerals phosphorus, magnesium, aluminum, iron,
>> copper, zinc, boron, barium, and thiamin.[6] "

> That's not the opposite. It says it has gluten but not the one that
> bothers celiacs. Do you think all gluten intolerant people are celiacs?
> They aren't.

I didn't say that at all! My daughter used to have a gluten allergy. Has
since outgrown that but still has a wheat allergy.

Plenty of foods contain gluten but it is not the sort of gluten one must
avoid with a gluten issue. Corn for instance. The link says it is *not*
that kind of gluten. So it is gluten free. The person who said it wasn't
is wrong.