Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Paleo/GAPS/Gluten Free/Dairy Free Diet Suggestions?

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> [teff]
>
>> Everything I have seen indicates it is in fact GF. Do you have a
>> cite that says otherwise?

> Yes, the Wikipedia article on Teff, which itself has a cite.

Actually it says the opposite.

The link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teff

The quote:

" The grain can be used by celiacs (the gluten in teff does not contain the
a-gliadin-fraction that causes celiac disease) and has a high concentration
of different nutrients, a very high calcium content, and significant levels
of the minerals phosphorus, magnesium, aluminum, iron, copper, zinc, boron,
barium, and thiamin.[6] "