Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Paleo/GAPS/Gluten Free/Dairy Free Diet Suggestions?

Ranée at Arabian Knits > wrote:

>I will be starting an elimination diet for two of my children (and
>therefore the rest of the family as well) on Sunday. I need menu ideas
>and recipes, especially for breakfast, that do not include wheat,
>gluten, dairy, citrus, chocolate, soy, almonds or bananas.

>We have lots of beef, turkey, lamb, a little ham and tons of eggs, so
>meals that deal with that would be wonderful. I would prefer to use
>coconut milk to rice milk. Thank you for any help!

Coconut milk is very calorie-dense, it is not a culinary substitution
for the usual cow or soy milk.

Are soybeans the only disallowed bean?

Breakfast -- TJ's "Joe's O's" (generic Cheerio's) which contain only
oats; blueberries; and rice milk. And/or eggs.

Other meals -- rice and beans plus the above-mentioned protein
ingredients. Tamales. Cheese-free tacos/enchiladas based on corn
tortillas.

I have not had real good luck with rice pasta.

Dessert -- frozen coconut milk based is possible.

Those are my ideas, good luck...

S.