Posted to rec.food.historic
Gary Gary is offline

Default stick macaroni, ca 1903

Sqwertz (great username, BTW),

I'm not sure I understand your question... there are many hollow
straight pastas (ziti, rigatoni, and penne, are a few examples). As
for "sticks" -- while most commercial ziti is "cut ziti," the original
form is in sticks, about a foot long. I can usually get it in my local
supermarket, and it's certainly available in Italian specialty shops.

There's a classic timbale, made with uncut ziti coiled around the
outside like a beehive. If most of my cookbooks weren't packed away in
boxes in a very hot attic, I'd dig it out for you!

Gary

PS: The Encyclopedia of Pasta, by Oretta Zanini De Vita, will expose
you to more kinds of pasta than you can possibly imagine...