Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default OT Bad canned mushrooms

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
: ...
: > In article >, "Julie Bove"
: > >
: > wrote:
: >
: >
: >> >> > So water is junk food?
: >> >>
: >> >> According to him.
: >> >
: >> > According to me (diet) soda is junk food. You may be too addled from
: >> > your
: >> > confrontations with reality and think you saw me comment on water.
: >>
: >> To the body, diet soda isn't much different than water.
: >
: > There are any number of studies that suggest that the artificial
: > sweeteners in
: > diet soda may cause the body to flood the body with the desire to actually
: > eat/drink food with real calories...hardly the same effect you get with
: > water

: And many studies that say that they don't. And for me they don't.

What seems unclear to me is whether the diet soda causes some effect on
the body or if the sweetness causes the person to want to and eat more
sweets or carbs in general, likely adding to weight gain. The stusy did
not seem to test for that, just noted a corrolation.

Wendy