Hairy

Default gallbladder friendly diet?

(MurphAssoc) wrote:

> >I have a friend coming to visit who has chronic problems with this and

will
> >most likely wind up having surgery. In the meantime, does anyone have
> >suggestions of what to serve this person? I know that fried foods is not

good,
> >but that is all I can come up with.
> >TIA
> >Judith

I can't help with food suggestions as every time I thought I'd found
something safe to eat, I would find out in the most excruciating way how
wrong I was.
I will make two comments/suggestions, though.
If you prepare something that makes your friend sick, don't blame yourself.
There's no way to be sure that *any* food won't cause an attack.
Counsel your friend to go ahead and have the surgery, sooner rather than
later. I suffered for many months with mine because I didn't want to have
the surgery. As it turned out, there was less pain associated with the
surgery than there was with just one of the attacks. I went in to the
hospital one day and was released the next day. It makes no sense to wait,
IMO.